Legend in My Own Mind Pages

Friday, May 04, 2012

New Site... New Music

Please LIKE the Ductape Halo Fan Page on Facebook.

This is a new year and it feels like spring is more the beginning of 2012 than in January. Lots of ups, lots of downs (as the Dude would say), but it has inspired new work. I am getting ready to release my latest album for Ductape Halo entitled FOND OF NIGHT. I recorded 9 songs, some new, some old, some just never recorded. I believe this LP will be very fun to listen to. The production uses some old techniques and combines them, taking what I have liked about past projects.

Speaking of past projects, There will be an anthology of almost 20 years of Ductape Halo recording self-composed music called MASTERS OF EVIL (1995 - 2012). I actually wrote my first song at 12 "Skies on Fire". I ripped off a riff from "Moonlight Sonata" and put this poem I wrote for a literary magazine in middle school. Not saying it's great, and you will never hear it, but it takes many tries to make good stuff. If it was easy, everyone would do it. This will come out after FOND OF NIGHT.

So, in the spirit of renewed creative energy, I redesigned the site. Partially because I lost my domain due to the fact I was unemployed. I just realized that it would be cheaper and just as effective to do it on blogger. There is much to explore because it represents all the media I utilize: music, art, film, cooking. Also has my appearance on People's Court wear my former band-mate (Tight White Jeans) tried to sue me for $5,000.

(give it to at least 1:14)

Please enjoy the media and look out for FOND OF NIGHT in the very near future, featuring songs like "Fools Decide", "My Mutha", "Mojo Hand", "Silk of the Snow" ...  to name a few. While you are waiting why not listen to I AM THE THIRD, getting ready to release a new extended EP and music videos! See us play at Pine Box during Bushwick Open Studios. Thank you for all your continued support!


No comments:

Post a Comment