Legend in My Own Mind Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Insomnia, Bellvue & Blues


Do you ever get it? i have it now, maybe because i smoked a couple fatties with some friends and now am wired. or was looking at the sites i have been working on. listening to the new tracks i put on the blog. i was cleaning my room earlier. looking much more organized. seems like it is going well, but there can always be more to do. Always. if i think about it too much i can't sleep and have to "distract my mind" to fall asleep. these 42 tricks may help insomnia.  see video at the end. tapping.com

by distract my mind, i don't mean drugs or booze (although it can help, it can also work against me). i mean, listening to a book on tape, or watching a movie i have seen many times, or read. i never get online, for obvious reasons... the internet doesn't want you to sleep. EVER! :)

reading can put me out something fierce, which is good, but can also frustrating. for instance, when i really like the book and can't put it down. then it doesn't do it's job. but if i read a book i don't like, i can't get into it enough to "distract my mind". it's an in-just world. sort of reminds me of some of my past relationships.

so i don't know what to do now, so i am writing about what i am currently writing... right now. like i am not thinking about it, just writing. love, man.

got some cool ideas about ductape halo. was listening to the Scratch Music page and found myself liking quite a few i forgot about. i was thinking, "what cool stoner tunes". not that i ever thought about it that way, but as a result of it being a common practice, it makes sense.


thing is, i have these great songs i am ready to record for ductape halo new album. now ductape halo doe not put out crap. it is going to be a well done thing. aggressive acoustic blues. possibly with some beats from a casio keyboard. by the way, casio is the only brand keyboard i use. love the casiotone 405.


was thinking of trying to bring in some ideas i had in the past to fuel the new songs, but realized it needed to all be fresh. this will be the most fun ductape halo album yet entitled:
  "Get Lit, Get Laid, 
    Get Stoned, Get Paid"
i realize you must go out on limbs, so i have lost my mind and what a great thing it is when we finally do. i am actually not afraid of being tossed in a mental hospital any more after i tried to have myself committed to Bellvue. I went through the intake, but they wouldn't take me because i wasn't a "threat" to myself or anyone else. i begged to differ, but what do doctors know?

that was the reason i was cleaning my room, in order to get all my gear in order to have a nice recording environment set to my liking. got to get the planets aligned, ya know? a clear living space is a reflection of a clear mind. i'll leave you with this last thought.....

 i believe in the healing power of crystals, but i'm not a fucking hippy!

No comments:

Post a Comment